Who is the AACC?
The Australian American Chamber of Commerce of Houston (AACC) was founded in 1988 in response to the growth of business and economic relations between Australia and Texas and other parts of the Southwest. The Chamber is incorporated in Texas as a non-profit corporation and is managed by a voluntary Board. It functions independently of the Australian government although it enjoys the patronage and support of the Australia Ambassador in Washington.
Membership in the chamber is open to all.
We are an organization of business and professional persons committed to fostering business relations between Australia and the United States, promoting cross-cultural understanding, and enhancing the quality of life of Australian expatriates who live and work in the U.S. In light of AACC’s mission, the Chamber arranges regular business and social events throughout the year which cover the full scope of expatriate issues, including seminars and after-hour networking events with international speakers in order to address issues relevant to the international business community in Houston.
All of the chamber events focus on Australian-US business relations and interesting and current aspects of Australian art and culture. Some of the 2018 events included the 10th annual Technology Conference, Australia Day BBQ, Down Under Sounds and quarterly professional speaker events. These events, and all of the AACC events held throughout the year, could not take place without the generous support of our sponsors, volunteers and committee members who spend countless hours making them a success.
- A pre-eminent forum in Houston for the discussion of U.S./Australian trade and investment and understanding of related opportunities;
- A networking vehicle for Australians and Americans;
- Meetings with speakers of interest to the Australian American business community (these have included the Australian Ambassador to the United States, the Chairman of BHP, and a variety of visiting dignitaries);
- Access to the Chamber’s extensive membership directory; and
- A means for contributing to improved understanding and goodwill between Australia and the United States.