On 13 June 2014, the Prime Minister announced the opening of an Australian Consulate-General in Houston, Texas. This new Post is led by the Australian Trade Commission (Austrade), reflecting the strong focus on trade and investment. The office will also provide consular and passport services to Australian citizens
The consulate jurisdiction includes Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas as well as Texas.
As with other Austrade offices in the United States of America, the Houston post will be primarily focused on:
- attracting productive foreign direct investment to Australia consistent with Australia’s five national investment priorities (http://www.austrade.gov.au/Invest/Opportunities-by-Sector) with a particular focus on resources and energy, agribusiness and food, and advanced services, manufacturing and technologies, including medical research and technologies;
- promoting Australia’s education and research linkages; and
- in certain circumstances and sectors, seeking out commercial opportunities for Australian companies.
Passport and Consular services will also be provided by appointment and include:
- Passport services for children and adults
- Notary Services including witnessing and certification of documents as per scheduled fees
- Consular services in accordance with the Consular Service Charter to Australian citizens.
* Note: the Consulate-General will not assist with US or Australian visa enquiries or applications for Australian citizenship.
To make an appointment, please contact:
1900 West Loop South, Suite 575
Houston TX 77027