The Australian American Chamber of Commerce of Houston was founded in 1988 in response to the growth of business and economic relations between Australia and Texas and other parts of the Southwest. AACC-Houston’s primary goal is to contribute to the ongoing growth of these ties.
AACC-Houston is an organization of business and professional persons committed to fostering business relations between Australia and the United States, promoting cross-cultural understanding, and enhancing the quality of life of Australian expatriates who live and work in the U.S. AACC-Houston is one of the largest Chambers of Commerce in Houston.
AACC-Houston events begin every year with Australia week activities focused on celebrating Australian culture, industry, and Australia-U.S. trade. Just to name a few, our yearly events also include Short Film Night, a Speaker Series, and our monthly Sundowners, which are always an enjoyable opportunity to network.
AACC-Houston is incorporated in Texas as a non-profit corporation and is managed by a voluntary Board. It functions independently of the Australian government, although it enjoys the patronage and support of the Australian Ambassador in Washington.
AACC arranges regular business and social events throughout the year. Events focus on Australian-US business relations and interesting and current aspects of Australian art and culture.
- Business lunches with keynote speakers
- Special events with visiting Australian political and industry dignitaries
- Perth-Houston sister city events
- Facilitation of Australian OTC delegation and other groups
- Monthly Sundowners – Professional Mixers
- Australia Day celebrations
- ANZAC Day Memorial Service
- Spring Racing Carnival Event
- Young Professionals Speaker Series, Professional Mixers, Social Event
Our weekly email updates supplement the AACC Web site to inform members on Australian-US affairs, trends and issues and to provide timely promotion for local business and social events.